Due to COVID-19, we must follow strict guidance from the government, Public Health England and the British Chiropractic Association.
For a shortened summary of the changes we are making see below:.
- All patients will be asked to wear a mask. If you do not have one, there will be a small charge for us to provide you with one.
- “Higher risk” patients are encouraged to book telehealth appointments instead of a face-to-face appointments
- There will be a reduced number of people allowed in the clinic at any one time. No other family or friends will be allowed to attend your appointment.
- Patients are encouraged to wait for their appointment outside or in the car. It is at the receptionist’s discretion if they invite you to wait in the waiting room, where it is possible to wait at a safe distance from them.
- The patient will sanitise their hands on entry to the building.
- The patient will pay for their appointment using card, no cash. If they booked online they will have already paid online.
- The practitioner will be wearing single-use gloves, single-use aprons and a mask (PPE).
- The practitioner will have sanitised all surfaces before and after every patient enters the treatment room.
- Patients will not get changed before their appointment. No fabric gowns, towels or bench covers will be used. Only disposable tissues and wipe-clean materials.
- There may be some changes to treatment, for example, certain techniques or pieces of equipment may not be used to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
- After your appointment the receptionist will ask you to sanitise your hands before leaving the clinic.
- At the end of a morning or afternoon shift the entire clinic will undergo a deep clean and ventilation by the practitioner.
- There are Public Health England posters all around clinic re-iterating how to minimise infection risk.
Thank you for your understanding these changes and we appreciate your support in maintaining high hygiene standards.